Volex is a leading integrated manufacturing specialist for performance-critical applications and power products. Their trusted brand holds unparalleled leadership positions in two critical areas of the interconnect marketplace.
With the vast expansion and diversification of Volex, we were asked to bring clarity, engagement and unity to the group brand that would support future growth aspirations.
Since 2015, Volex has become a profitable, expanding and acquisitive business. The Group has acquired six businesses since 2018 and, through its ownership of GTK, is now manufacturing in the UK again after a decade gap. Volex now operates across 21 countries, with over 6,400 colleagues working across 18 sites.
Acquisitions returned to become a central piece of their growth story. In 2020, Volex renamed their Cable Assemblies division to become Integrated Manufacturing Services, to better reflect their expanding capabilities. Power Products became the new name for their Power Cords business as their product selection continues to grow.
We provided a renewed brand strategy and visual system followed by brand-led communication tools, which were designed to create unity and understanding of Volex’s proposition, aspirations and the importance of its people, which would resonate across all territories.
We continue to support Volex with their global brand and communications.
The roll-out of communications from the renewed brand provides an engaging experience of Volex’s technologies and operational practices that would set them apart from their competitors and celebrate their approach
Our work included:
- Brand strategy documents to support senior management and c-suite initiatives
- Renewed the visual identity, including new illustration styles
- Brand style guide templates for each territory (in multiple languages)
- Consultancy on Group website
- Annual report and investor presentations
- Supporting assets for transformation of brand architecture management
- Signage for their buildings
- Stationery and slide deck templates for global usages
- Product literature
- Supporting documents for HR initiatives
- Employee rewards and recognition projects
- Corporate and internal videos, utilising a mix of live footage and animation.